How to get to Gion Hostel?
FROM: KANSAI AIRPORT -> KYOTO STATION
1: The most easy and convenient access to the hostel from the Airport is with the MK Sky Gate Shuttle. Please contact the staff at the shuttle desk and give them the address of the Hostel.
- 2: Limousine bus »»» JPY 2300, 105 minutes travel
- 3: JR Haruka Line »»» JPY 2,980 75 minutes travel
FROM: TOKYO STATION -> KYOTO STATION
- 1: JR – SHINKASEN (NOZOMI OR HIKARI ) »»» JPY 12 710, 120 - 140 MINUTES
- 2: LOCAL TRAIN »»» JPY 7980, 9 HOURS
- 3: NIGHT BUS / bAKpAK NITE BUS »»» JPY 5000, 8 HOURS
HOW TO GET TO THE Gion bAKpAK HOSTEL FROM KYOTO STATION
1: (JR AND KEIHAN LINE) GION SHIJO KEIHAN STN.
- From the Kyoto Station get on the JR LINE (ON PLATFORM 8 / 9) to TOFUKUJI Station. Transfer to the KEIHAN SUBWAY LINE to GION SHIJO KEIHAN Station. (NB: Buy a JR /KEIHAN Train Tickets from the automatic ticket machine at the station.)
- Kyoto Nara Line –TOFUKUJI: JR Station/KEIHAN Station, GION SHIJO KEIHAN Station
- From Exit # 1 - GION Shijo Keihan Station. The hostel is right in front of the GION SHIJO KEIHAN Station Exit # 1.
- From Exit # 6 - GION Shijo Keihan Station. From the Exit make 2 lefts and about 1 minute walk to the hostel.
2: HANKYU KAWARACHI STN.
Get off at KAWARAMACHI Station (Last stop on Kyoto end of HANKYU line). Walk east over the bridge to the GION SHIJO KEIHAN Station Turn right at KAWABATA Street and the hostel is about a minute walk on your left.
- A - From Kyoto station get on bus # 100, or # 206 get off at GION BUS STOP Walk westwards heading towards Minamiza Theatre, turn left at KAWABATA Street and the hostel is about a minute walk on your left.
- SHIJO KEIHAN BUS STOP
- B - Cross the street towards MINAMIZA Kabuki Theatre and walk down past the theater and the will be a supermarket FRESCO, the hostel is next to the supermarket. 5 Minute walk from bus stop to hostel.
SHIJO KAWARACHI BUS STOP
- C- From Kyoto station bus platform A-2 in front of the station, take City Bus # 205, or # 17 Get off at SHIJO KAWARAMACHI, walk east over the bridge to the SHIJO KEIHAN Station Turn right after crossing over the bridge onto KAWABATA STREET and the hostel is about a minute walk on your left.
BY TAXI / CAR
By Taxi should be about 15 minutes ride from the Kyoto station. Please tell the Taxi Driver you would like to go to SHIJO KAWABATA and be dropped off by the supermarket FRESCO. The hostel is next to the supermarket. For those coming by car we can arrange for overnight parking depending on opening at the garage by the hostel.
Click to download the PRINTABLE EASY MAP here